Date: 9 October 2022
Location: Shiatsu and Thai Massage Training Scotland, 72 Berkeley St, Glasgow, G3 7PS
Course times: 10.00 - 17.00 - (please arrive at 15 minutes early to set up at 9.45)
Prerequisite: Level 3 Body Massage, Swedish Massage, Sports Massage or Aromatherapy Massage
CPD points: 6
Course content: Focusing on the abdominal organs and tissues this is a deeply relaxing and restoring treatment that can be useful at any time in our life. It is beneficial not only for improving digestion and detoxification of the abdominal organs but also for fertility, menstrual issues, the menopause, and supporting the structural integrity of the lower back and pelvis.
Abdominal Massage can be done either through the clothing, or directly on the abdomen, using oils or hot compress. We include study of the digestion, the enteric nervous system, and how our organs respond to emotions and stress (the intelligence of the belly), which is important for holistic wellbeing and for abdominal health. You will learn self care techniques for you, as well as how to teach your clients to care for themselves, drawing both from latest clinical research and from principles that reach back to ancient Taoist traditions.
Abdominal Massage can be done either through the clothing, or directly on the belly, using oils or hot compress.
Suitable for all levels of experience from beginner to professional massage therapist and also of interests to those working in pregnancy and birth.
Course tutor: Lucy Trend has specialised in Abdominal Massage since 2000. She studied Chi Nei Tsang in Thailand, and Japanese Hara massage in Canada and UK. Lucy founded Shiatsu and Thai Massage Training Scotland in Glasgow in 1998 offering Shiatsu, Traditional Thai Therapies and Mindfulness training online and in person.
You will be required to bring their own couch covers, sheets or towels. There is a no oil policy in the studio so you will need to bring your own wax.
All couches and futons required are available at the studio already
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing
Please bring a packed lunch as no lunch is available at the studio
Case studies: to successfully complete the course, you are required to complete case studies following on from the training days.
Maximum class number: 16
Course price and bookings:
FHT members: £100
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
-Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.