Location: St Barnabas Hospice, Hawthorn Road, Lincoln, LN2 4QX
Course times: 9:30am - 5:30pm (please arrive at 9:15am)
Prerequisite: Level 3 Body Massage, Level 3 Swedish Massage, Level 3 Sports Massage and Level 3 Aromatherapy Massage
CPD points: 7
This is a one-day workshop on how to adapt your massage for clients at risk of lymphedema, DVT and bone metastases.
If you are working with clients who have cancer or a history of cancer, do you understand when they may be at risk of lymphedema, DVT or bone metastases and how to adapt your treatment safely? These are just three of the silent effects of cancer and cancer treatments; some can be lifelong risks or manifest years later after remission.
- Learn how to use our unique APP formula, removing any doubt or fear. It covers what you should Avoid and Position and Pressure adaptions.
- Identify message concerns for clients at risk of lymphedema, DVT and bone metastases.
- How to communicate with a client who demands deeper pressure in a situation where it would not be safe for the client.
- Practise new massage pressures and directional adaptions for clients at risk and understand from a client's perspective how light massage feels.
- Lymphedema and the effects of the lymphatic system.
- Lymphatic quadrants and node drainage pathways.
- How the medical concerns of lymphedema risk are translated into our massage concerns.
- Understand DVT and bone metastases risk, relating to cancer and how to adapt your massage treatment.
- Signs and symptoms and when we should refer to medical professionals.
Course tutor: Maureen Bonner
Founder of START with touch and Holistic Clinic.
Since 2003 Maureen has specialised in oncology massage and its developments over the years, recently launching a level 3 oncology massage vocational training course through her school START with touch. She has supported thousands of students over the last 10 years, teaching various modalities.
She is passionate about inclusiveness and never turning any client away. Throughout her career she has learned many modalities eastern and advanced western techniques, and worked within the medical, corporate and clinic-based practice, offering a range of therapies, courses and workshops to clients.
What to bring:
- Therapy couch
- 1 set of bed linen (couch cover, 2 bath towels or sheets and supports.)
- Hand sanitiser
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
- Maximum class number: 12
- Parking is available at the premises (Parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.)
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
Course price and bookings: Book here!
Early bird prices: £105 FHT members/ £115 non-members Early bird offer ends 14 June 2019!
Regular prices: £115 FHT members/ £130 non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
- After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.