Location: Holiday Inn Birmingham North Cannock, Bridge Street, Cannock, Staffordshire, United Kingdom, WS11 0DQ
Course times: 9:30am - 4pm (please arrive at 9:15am)
Prerequisite: Level 3 Aromatherapy
CPD points: Five
For the aromatherapist wanting to know more about these conditions that affect up to 15% of the UK population and how they can help them; the course teaches the use of a range of essential oils and offers various treatments to deal with headaches and migraines. Lifestyle pointers for good health and the appropriate treatments will be demonstrated and practised. Half theoretical and half practical to allow the therapist to understand and treat clients effectively, the day will cover:
- The definition and differences between headaches and migraines
- You will be revisiting the anatomy of the face and neck to determine how muscular stress can be related to the pain
- The causes of headaches and migraines will be explored including triggers, stress, hormones and diet etc
- Different client groups and how to treat them
- You will be taught how to blend your own oils for headaches and migraine treatments
- The benefit of using hydrolats will be discussed
- There will be some teaching on pressure point therapy relevant to headache and migraines
A seated neck, shoulder and head massage will be taught and practised to give effective relief to headache and migraine sufferers.
Course tutor: Louise Mac
Having trained with Penny Price Aromatherapy Louise has now been qualified in Clinical Aromatherapy for 7 years. Over this time period, she has added many different techniques to create the effective treatments that she offers and teaches today. Specialising in Aromatherapy Louise has been teaching core courses and CPD days for Penny Price Aromatherapy from entry level all the way to Level 5 since 2014. Many students returning to the classroom benefit from her informative but relaxed teaching style and she is passionate about bringing the wonder of essential oils to new learners.
What to bring:
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Maximum class number: 12
- Complimentary car parking available. (Parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.)
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
Course price and bookings: Book here!
Early bird prices: £85 FHT members/ £100 non-members Early bird offer ends 14 June 2019!
Regular prices: £100 FHT members/ £115 non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
- After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.