This type of policy covers you for liability claims from your clients or other third parties for accidental death, bodily injury, illness, or accidental damage to property, as a result of your business activity.
Liability can arise from:
- Negligence or a breach of a duty of care
- Products sold or supplied
- Breach of confidentiality
- Libel or slander
- Website or email infringement
- Covers you whether you work at home, at a client’s home, or at a clinic or salon
- Covers you for practising case studies when studying for additional therapy qualifications (that we have agreed and accepted), as directed by your course tutor
- Cover can include indemnity for many beauty or fitness treatments, not readily available elsewhere
- Available levels of indemnity - £1million (for Students), £2million (for Associates), £3million or £6million (for Members) per annum.
NEW! And while we hope you and your loved ones will never need it, this policy includes elements of Personal Accident cover, in the event that you are permanently disabled and unable to work, or you die as the result of an accident. Find out more
- Make sure you keep accurate and up-to-date client records, including a full consultation, appointments diary, and treatment record cards
- We advise you to ensure you are covered for an appropriate indemnity limit. If your clients are referred NHS patients or high earning individuals you may be required to hold a minimum of £5million limit of indemnity.
Apply online or call 023 8062 4350
Federation of Holistic Therapists is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), No. 502095.