Date: 25 April 2020
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, Chesterfield Road South, Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom, S8 8BW
Course times: 9am - 4:15pm (please arrive at 8:30am)
Prerequisite: Any qualified therapist
CPD points: 6
Course content: We all make decisions but few people give time to think of how we get to that decision. This seminar will look at some of the key factors that influence our decision making such as our diet and nutrition, the use of critical thinking or even the roll of a dice. Are you a decisive decision maker or procrastinator?
Aims of session: To take an overview of the psychology of decision making. To introduce the areas and practice surrounding decision making.
- To understand the different areas of decision making
- To be aware of how personal and professional decisions can be influenced by psychological factors.
- A summary of the areas and skills associated with decision making
- Individual skills associated with decision making
- An integration of slides and discussion regarding individual skills for example emotions, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Areas that may influence decision making for example nutrition and diet, social influence, stress and pressure
- Health and safety: Human Factors. An explanation of the role human factors in error based behaviours
- Ethical decision making. How ethical consideration can reflect on decision making
- How to develop effective decision making skills. How to develop the skills associated with decision making, for example prioritising, procrastination and motivation
- Reflection and session feedback
Course tutor: Dr. Phill de Prez is an internationally published Human Performance Psychologist. He explains that ‘I work with people to help them not only become successful but remain successful over time. I was a senior lecturer at university and regularly taught on the FHT accredited Complementary Therapies course but now work as a self employed consultant and trainer across many sectors. I use my experience and knowledge of working in motorsport to bring the good practices there into these other sectors especially business. I cover many topic areas such as motivation and collaborative working but I focus on decision making as a key factor in success. I also run an FHT accredited Coaching and Mentoring Diploma course.’ Dr PJ de Prez PGCPD, FHEA, PPAB, MAC
What to bring:
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Maximum class number: 20
- Complimentary parking available at the venue. (Parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.)
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
- If this course is not able to run due to insufficient attendee numbers, you will be notified four weeks before the course date.
Regular course prices: £110 FHT members/ £125 non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14-day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about the equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.