Location: Holiday Inn Express Duxford Cambridge, 42 Station Road East, Whittlesford Bridge, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, CB22 4NL
Course times: 9am - 5pm (arrived from 8:45am for a prompt start)
Prerequisite: Level 3 body massage, Swedish massage, sports massage or aromatherapy massage
CPD points: Seven
An effective massage treatment to aid digestion and help detoxify the body. It will help you understand different elements of the emotional links and areas on the body linked to your digestion. You will learn how to really help aid clients to detox their mind and bodies with specific techniques. This course is suitable for massage therapists with some experience.
Detox massage combines the best detoxing techniques into a 1-hour intense treatment. It will help you understand why the body needs to detoxify. Massage is performed on the front and backs of legs, the abdomen, the head and feet. Learn specific foot acupressure techniques that can support the digestive system and lymphatic system as well as reduce stress. You will be able to aid your client with more complexed conditions as a detoxing massage can help many health-related issues.
Take a look at this course video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=948V8TIot0Y
This course covers:
- Anatomy of inflammation and effects of toxins
- Anatomy of the lymphatic system
- Conditions a detox massage can support
- Detox Massage Procedure
- Neurolympthatic Body Points
- Abdominal Massage
- Foot Acupressure
- Self-help to detox the mind and body and diet-related support and aftercare
Course tutor: Jemma Cooper
Jemma’s passion for helping people came from training in a BSc Hons in Complementary Therapists over a decade ago to running multiple businesses and campaigns leading to many industry awards. She specialises in massage treatments that incorporate all her skills and knowledge into a single powerful treatment tailored to the client’s needs. After some excellent results, Jemma decided to share her skills with others leading her to focus on specialising in massage training in a few specific areas including pregnancy and detox massage. Her training is unique and detailed, travelling across the country to share her knowledge with other therapists.
What to bring:
- Therapy couch
- x2 bath sheet towels (or 1 bath sheet and 1 bolster)
- x1 hand towel
- Pen/ pencils
· Comfortable clothing
· Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day
· Maximum class number: 10
· Case studies: to successfully complete the course, you are required to complete case studies following on from the training days.
· Parking at the venue is complimentary. (Parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.)
· Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
Course price and bookings: Fully booked
Regular prices: £110 FHT members/ £125 non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
- After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.