Date: 17 September 2022
Course times: 10.00 - 16.00 (please arrive 30 minutes early to sign in)
Prerequisite: Any qualified therapist (to be accepted for FHT membership and insurance, therapists must hold a prerequisite of a Level 3 Therapy).
CPD points: 5
Course content: Ear candling is an ancient practice that has been used for centuries in many cultures throughout the world using hollowed candles made from natural ingredients such as beeswax and cotton. A non-invasive therapy, ear candling uses a long beeswax and cotton"candle" placed into the ear: the candle is lit, and a vacuum is created within the ear canal. Excess earwax is drawn out of the ear canal gently through a process known as convection as well as the gentle warming of ear wax which is drawn through the candle.
It is possible to combine this treatment with a wide range of other complementary therapies. Students will build upon this knowledge and gain an understanding of all the practical aspects of Ear Candling and how to deliver this in a holistic environment, combined with a therapy of their choice. We will discuss the pros and cons of using different treatments.
This seminar will cover: How to perform an Ear Candling treatment with Hopi candles
Course tutor: Principal of Lucis College, Shirley has been teaching a wide range of complementary therapies to practitioner level for 25 years. She is author of Crystal Alchemy and has run workshops and given talks for FHT for the last 15 years.
What you'll need: Pen and Paper, Lunch
Additional information: Students will be issued with Information books which they can take away. Students should come prepared to carry out treatments - all materials will be provided for this by Lucis College and Ear Candles will be available to purchase at reduced prices. As we will be doing treatments both on each other and the public, uniform is preferred but not mandatory.
Maxumim class number: 14
Course price: FHT members: £100 / Non-members: £120
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement. Non-attendance
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.