Date: 14 December 2019
Location: Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevonoaks, London Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN15 7RS
Course times: 9am- 5pm (please arrive at 8.45am to register)
Prerequisite: Any qualified therapist
CPD points: Seven
The EMM-Tech Short Course was created by Ross Emmett so that everybody would have the opportunity to use some of his work to help themselves, clients, friends and family. The course contains 11 moves which have been specially selected from the EMMETT Technique Practitioner Course. The EMMETT Releases taught are:-
• Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) to free up neck rotation problems.
• Pectoralis Minor used for shoulder problems, and difficulty reaching the arm behind the body.
• Biceps, 2 moves to release the shoulder when there is a restriction on lifting the arm. An excellent tool to help with frozen shoulder and with any biceps strain.
• Forearm release will help improve grip strength. Can also help with elbow problems, and RSI.
• Latissimus dorsi release frees up the arm lift where there is a “dragging” under the arm. Also great for addressing lower back tightness and pain.
• Diaphragm/Abdominal release – to open out the ribcage and help with breathing difficulties. Releases tight abdominal muscles and hunched over posture. Allows people to breathe more easily and deeply.
• ITB release. Quicker, simpler and less painful than massage techniques!
• ITB/Sartorius where there is difficulty squatting and lack of strength in the legs • Gastroc/calf for tense tight and fluid-filled calves. Also assists balance.
• Foot Balance moves to assist balance and stability. So simple. So effective
Course tutor: Lesley Salt
Lesley Salt is a Directors and Senior Instructor of EMMETT Therapies UK. She has a 20-year background in complementary therapies and has been an EMMETT Practitioner for 12 years.
What to bring:
Please dress in loose, comfortable clothing (preferably no jeans). Short nails. Vest tops are very useful for the neck and shoulder work.
- Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the course.
- Maximum class number: 14
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by FHT with further information.
Pricing and booking: Book here
Regular prices: Member price £110 / Non-member price £125
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
- After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.