Date: 30/03/2019 – 31/03/2019
Location: London College of Beauty Therapy, Ramillies House, 1/2 Ramillies Street, Soho, London, W1F 7LN
Course times: 10.00am - 5.00pm (Please arrive from 9.30 am to set up from a prompt start)
Prerequisite: Level 3 Body Massage, Level 3 Sports Massage, Level 4 Sports Therapy or Level 3 Swedish Massage
CPD points: 12
On this workshop, you will learn safe and simple techniques to assess a client who comes to you with neck pain. You will gain an understanding of some of the causes of neck pain, and the different approaches to the treatment of acute and chronic neck pain. You will learn to apply massage and passive stretches for the neck, as well as which stretches, exercises and aftercare is important for clients with neck pain to do for themselves. You will also learn about contraindications to treatment and when it is important to refer a client with neck pain to their GP or to another practitioner.
Course tutor: Jane Johnson
Jane is a physiotherapist with a passion for helping therapists to gain confidence in hands-on techniques. A massage and sports massage therapists for many years, she appreciates the value of touch and thrives on sharing the many tips she has picked up over the years. Jane is the author of six books for therapists: Soft Tissue Release, Therapeutic Stretching, Deep Tissue Massage, Postural Assessment, Postural Correction and The Big Back Book; Tips and Tricks for Therapists. You can contact Jane on her Facebook page, The Friendly Physio.
What to bring:
- Facecloth or very small hand towel
- A small amount of massage medium such as oil or wax
- A tennis ball
- Lunch/ refreshments are not provided. Please bring water and lunch, or money to buy lunch in the surrounding areas during the lunch break.
- Maximum class number: 20
- Attendee parking and transport is not the responsibility of the FHT, parking and transport is the responsibility of the individual attendee.
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
Course prices and bookings: Book here!
Regular prices: Member price £250 / Non-member price £270
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
- After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.