Date: 04/05/2019 - 05/05/2019
Location: The London School of Beauty and Make-up, 18-19 Long Lane, London, EC1A 9PL
Course times: 10am- 5pm (please arrive at 9.45am to register)
Prerequisite: Level 3 Body Massage, Level 3 Sports Massage or Level 4 Sports Therapy.
CPD points: 12
Taping for beginners is a two-day practical workshop with Jane Johnson (MCSP, MSc, BSc, BA(Hons)). Jane is a Chartered Physiotherapist and was a fitness instructor and massage therapist for over 20 years. Therapeutic taping is used to help reduce symptoms such as pain and swelling may help improve function. This course will teach you how to safely and effectively use therapeutic kinesiotherapy tape for common musculoskeletal conditions. Jane will demonstrate how to apply tape and working in pairs you will practice applying it yourself.
This course will teach you how to safely and effectively use therapeutic kinesiotherapy tape for the following conditions:
- Lower limbs
- Swollen ankles, Swollen knee, Plantar fasciitis, Shin splints, Calf strain, Hamstring strain, Runner’s knee, Patellar pain
- Neck and back
- Low back pain, Neck pain, Tension in trapezius, Imbalance between chest and upper back muscles (as in kyphotic posture)
- Upper limb
- Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow, Deltoid strain
This workshop is 90% practical, with 10% theory. There is plenty of time for questions. Jane will demonstrate how to apply tape and working in pairs you will practice applying the tape. Jane will check your ability to apply tape during the day. No prior knowledge of taping is required to attend this course. Equipment will be provided.
Course tutor: Jane Johnson
Jane is a physiotherapist with a passion for helping therapists to gain confidence in hands-on techniques. A massage and sports massage therapists for many years, she appreciates the value of touch and thrives on sharing the many tips she has picked up over the years. Jane is author of six books for therapists: Soft Tissue Release, Therapeutic Stretching, Deep Tissue Massage, Postural Assessment, Postural Correction and The Big Back Book; Tips and Tricks for Therapists. You can contact Jane on her Facebook page, The Friendly Physio.
What to bring:
- Lunch and water
- Lunch and refreshments will not be provided.
- Maximum class number: 20
- Delegates must wear loose, comfortable clothing (no jeans)
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by FHT with further information.
Pricing and booking: Book here
Early bird prices: Member price £220 / Non-member price £250
Regular prices: Member price £250 / Non-member price £270
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
- After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.