As we hope you will appreciate, restrictions set in place due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak may impact this FHT hosted courses. We are closely monitoring the situation and we will let members know as soon as possible if any courses are affected and explain the options available.
- 5 June 2021
Location: Platform, Hornsey Road Baths, 2 Tiltman Place, off Hornsey Road, London, N7 7EE
Course times: 10am - 5:00pm (please arrive at 9:45am)
Prerequisite: Level 3 qualification in body massage, sports massage, Swedish massage or aromatherapy massage
CPD points: 6
Course content: This one day course is suitable for any bodywork or movement therapists interested in learning more about fascia and myofascial release. It is designed as an introduction to our full 6 day Practical Myofascial Release course for anyone who has no prior training in myofascial release techniques.
Learn the practical approach to treating chronic pain using myofascial release
Based on over 11 years clinic experience of working with clients using exclusively myofascial release techniques, this one day course introduces students to the fascinating world of fascia.
In this course you will:
- •Learn about the properties of fascia, how it connects as a body-wide web, and explore fascial connections of your own
- •Learn more about how chronic pain develops, how fascia is involved in this process, and why a better understanding of fascia can help both your clients get and stay put of pain.
- •Practise simple yet effective myofascial release techniques for the whole body.
- The course is suitable for any bodywork or movement therapists interested in learning more about fascia and myofascial release. It is designed as an introduction to our full 6 day Practical Myofascial Release course for anyone who has no prior training in myofascial release techniques.
- Our courses are taught in a relaxed and supportive environment for small groups of students.
Course tutor: Amanda Oswald is a leading UK myofascial release specialist and author of Living Pain Free: Healing Chronic Pain with Myofascial Release and Trigger Points – Use the Power of Touch to Live Life Pain-free. She is the owner of the Pain Care Clinic with clinics in Harley Street, London and other UK locations which treat people who have complex chronic pain conditions using exclusively myofascial release. In addition to her clinic work, Amanda also runs regular Living Pain Free wellbeing workshops for the public and employers, as well as Practical Myofascial Release courses for therapists.
What to bring:
- Linens/towels for therapy couches
- Pen/ Pencils
- Disposable mask (type II, 3 layers) Please arrive with your mask in place
- Disposable gloves (optional)
- Disposable plastic apron
- Hand sanitiser
- Disinfecting surface wipes to clean down your chair after use
- Maximum class number: 8
- (Parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.)
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
- If this course is not able to run due to insufficient attendee numbers, you will be notified four weeks before the course date.
How to get to the venue:
- Tube and rail:
- Finsbury Park Station, 10 minutes walk.
- Seven Sisters Road 4, 29, 91, 153, 253, 254, 259
- Holloway Road 17, 43, 263, 271
- Finsbury Park Station W3, W7, 106, 210
- Available at Sobell Leisure Centre, 5 minutes south on Hornsey Road
If you wish to be put on the waiting list for future courses please email email@example.com to register your interest.
Regular prices: £120 FHT members/ £130 non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14-day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about the equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.