Position/job title: Sessional therapist
Therapy qualifications required: One or more of the following; massage, reflexology, onsite massage
Name of charity/organisation: Community Massage London CIC
Location: West London
Hours of work: Sessional
Salary: £25-30 per hour
Job description and benefits: Community Massage London are looking for therapists who would like to join our team for paid sessional work in West London. You will be working with a social enterprise which is registered with Companies House. As a Community Interest Company, we reinvest profits for the benefit of the community. You will need to be:
- Qualified at level 3 or above in any of the following reflexology, massage, onsite massage. Additional therapies to these an advantage.
- Interested in working in the community and with people with multiple chronic mental and physical health needs.
- Ideal but not essential - experience in working with this type of client group, eg: cancer care, mental health, fibromyalgia, mental health, trauma.
- A member of a relevant professional association, such as FHT.
- Insured for public liability, professional and products liability.
- Registered as self employed with HMRC or willing to register.
- Willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check (approximately £55 for paid therapists if registered with update service, give consent for CML to check).
- Willing to register with DBS update service.
- Willing to take up mandatory training as required (for example, mental health awareness, data security and protection, safeguarding). Other training will be offered also.
- Be able to keep up to date records for the service you provide.
- Be adaptable, patient and flexible.
- Happy to work as part of a team or on your own, depending on the contact.
- You will also need to own/bring your own therapy equipment to sessions.
Closing date for application: Ongoing
When shortlisted, applicants invited for interview will be notified: By arrangement
For more information: If you think you might be interested in this opportunity, please call me, Teresa Meekings, on 07790115491 for more information. If I am unavailable or if you have a registration form containing your details, please contact me at email@example.com.
FHT0121 If applying for this position, please mention that you saw it on the FHT's website.