As we hope you will appreciate, restrictions set in place due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak may impact this FHT hosted courses. We are closely monitoring the situation and we will let members know as soon as possible if any courses are affected and explain the options available.
Date: 15 - 16 February 2021
Location: Solihull College and University Centre, Blossomfield Campus, Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1SB (reporting to reception)
Course times: 09.30 - 17.00 . Registration will be from 9am to start at 09.30, prompt
Duration: 2 days
Prerequisite: Any level 3 complementary therapy (e.g. massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage) inc. A&P.
CPD points: 14
This two-day face to face training course offers full practitioner status to deliver an ear acupuncture protocol with a wide clinical application that is evidence-based to activate the parasympathetic nervous system and support symptoms of stress and anxiety. Mapped to Occupational Standards, Skills for Health and Core Curricular (using British Acupuncture Council safety standards as a benchmark), you will learn the theoretical and practical application of an ear acupuncture protocol with strong clinical and foundational base fused with Oriental energetic principles. No previous ear acupuncture experience is required.
- 75% practical and 25% theory
- Anatomy and physiology of the auricle (external ear)
- Learn 'Korean Flying Needle' technique for optimum needle insertion
- Real ear 3D colour charts with illustrated stress and anxiety protocol
- Aide memoir videos and crib sheet to assist learning
- Research, clinical studies, MRI scans and impact measuring tool
- Qualified practitioner status following assessment day 2
Course tutor: Anna Venables
Author and trainer of FHT's first accredited short course in Ear (Auricular) Acupuncture, Anna brings a fresh contribution to the growing field of stress and anxiety management with a simple five-point ear acupuncture protocol that integrates Oriental and Western principles. Founder and owner of Microsystems Therapies and Training, Anna is an experienced clinical practitioner, microsystems acupuncturist and trainer within NHS and voluntary sector substance misuse and mental health services including providing auricular acupuncture supervision for Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation NHS Trust ear acupuncturists.
What to bring:
- Please bring your pre-course learning material.
- A smartphone/iPad may be useful for taking photographs
- Long hair to be tied back
- Closed-toe shoes must be warn
- Course material will be provided electronically before the course date. If you are not able to print all the materials, please contact Anna who will advise you on essential pages to print. The essential parts of the course materials constitute 52 pages altogether.
- The recommended needle purchase and sharps box for your personal use post course qualification will be sent to you via a separate suppliers list after booking. Please direct any queries you may have directly to your tutor, Anna. Everything you require for your training days will be provided on the course.
- Purchase of acupuncture needles and sharps box to practise between training days and post qualification is recommended.
- Maximum class number: 12
- Parking is complimentary at the venue, however, please be aware that parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
- If you have any medical issues or personal concerns that may affect your ability to receive treatment during the practical sessions, this must be communicated to Anna or the FHT as soon as possible.
- Please ensure that you have read and understood the full terms and condition outlined below prior to booking a place on this course.
Course prices and bookings: Book here
Early bird prices: £200 for FHT members / £220 for non-members
Regular prices: £220 for FHT members / £240 for non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
All bookings are subject to availability.
Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.