Date: 09/11/2019 - 10/11/2019
Location: Manchester International Beauty Academy, 3rd Floor Kings Court, 2-4 Exchange Street, Manchester, M2 7HA
Course times: 9:30 am - 5 pm (please arrive from 9 am)
Prerequisite: Level 3 Body Massage, Level 3 Swedish Massage, Level 3 Aromatherapy, Level 3 Sports Massage or Level 4 Sports Therapy
CPD points: 14
This course allows body therapists to work with those affected by cancer. As well as learning how to adapt treatments, the course covers the condition, the treatment, side effects and the ways in which therapists can help. This is a practical and interactive course which will draw on the experience of the delegates as well as the knowledge and experience of the tutor.
The Jennifer Young Training School provides accredited advanced diplomas to those wishing to use their skills to help those living with and beyond cancer. This 2-day accredited qualification will cover oncology sleep ritual full body treatment or cancer patients as well as
- The biology of cancer
- Main treatments for cancer and their side-effects
- The mechanisms underlying the side-effects
- The ways in which the main treatments impact cancer and what can go wrong
- Medical devices that you may encounter
- The main contraindications to touch for those going through treatment for cancer
- The emotional impact of diagnosis and treatment
- The personal impact of a cancer diagnosis
- Evidence to support the many well-proven benefits of touch therapies to those affected by cancer
- The language of cancer, it's treatment and how to welcome your client
- The products (massage oils, skin care and essential oil blends) that can be used with those affected by cancer
- How to make a client comfortable
- Ways in which therapists can look after themselves as well as others, emotionally and physically
- The hygiene standards required when working with cancer patients
- The requirements of the laws in place to protect the client and the therapist
- The simple steps that can be taken to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
What to bring:
- Foot bath/ or bowl
- Therapy uniform
- Each student is required to arrange for a model to come along to the course. The model must attend from 1:30pm on 10/11/2019. Your model must have been diagnosed with cancer in the past (or present). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
· Lunch and refreshments will not be provided
· Maximum class number: 12
· Parking is not available at the venue (Parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.)
· Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
Course price and bookings: Book here!
Regular prices: £225 FHT members/ £245 non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
- After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.