Please be aware that this course is being taught in a blended learning style. This means that you will learn the course via an online platform followed by a one to one assessment with Cameron Reid via a video call. This is to avoid the course being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Course assessment dates available:
- 24th - 25th July 2021
Location: From the comfort of your own home
Course times: Students will have access to this course for 3 weeks ahead of the assessment dates to work through the course with a model, with a total of 10 guided learning hours allocated and further time recommended for practice. An assessment will take place over zoom on one of the two dates shown above. After your assessment, you will have 1 years access to the course to refer back to the content.
Prerequisite: Level 3 Body Massage, Level 3 Sports Massage or Level 4 Sports Therapy
CPD points: 15
Course content: This is a blended learning course which not only teaches treatment techniques but how to apply them in real clinical situations, not just a list of manoeuvres. There will be two clinical questions on each spinal area; one for sports injury clients, the other for an average clinic patient. Areas covered are the cervical spine, thoracic spine, lumbar spine and pelvis. Some peripheral joints will be discussed, e.g foot, ankle, knee and useful rehabilitation and exercises for these areas. Techniques will be illustrated using real case histories which can be applied to clinic patients and sports injury patients. Everything you learn you will know how to apply in your practice the following week.
This course has 10 guided learning hours, another 10 hours of practice are suggested for students to successfully complete the course. The one to one assessment will last around 20 minutes via video call on one of the assessment dates detailed above.
Course tutor: Cameron Reid provides accredited courses in manipulation, soft tissue, articulation techniques, and sports injuries for sports therapists, massage therapists and physiotherapists. Cameron is a qualified osteopath, who trained at world-renowned British School of Osteopathy, London. He owns Cameron Reid Training which offers training to small groups who receive individual attention making sure they leave with new tools and confidence to move forward in their career.
What you will need:
- Pillows x2
- Therapy couch
- Model to practice on. Models should wear shorts and female models should wear sports bras for shoulder work.
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
- If this course is not able to run due to insufficient attendee numbers, you will be notified four weeks before the course date.
Regular prices: £160 FHT members/ £175 non-members
Please note that the usual booking terms and condition apply and by signing up to this course you are committing to the training for the time period which you book. Once you have booked, please look out for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and Cameron Reid with course access information. Please also check your junk and spam folders.
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14-day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our mainline on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about the equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.