Location: The London School of Beauty and Make-up, 18-19 Long Lane, London, EC1A 9PL
Course times: 10am - 5pm (arrived from 9:45am for a prompt start)
Prerequisite: Level 3 body massage, Swedish massage, sports massage or sports therapy
CPD points: Six
Many therapists believe there is a relationship between posture and pain. For example, that 'poor' back and neck posture causes back or neck pain or that clients with less than optimal shoulder, knee or foot postures have more shoulder, hip or knee problems that clients with 'normal' joint postures.
Clients too are often fascinated to know more about their posture and may even ask their therapist about it. Therefore being able to perform postural assessments and understanding what your observations mean, is a valuable skill that can help inform your treatment and provide you with a new service to offer your customers.
The aims of this one day workshop are:
- to increase your understanding of posture and factors affecting it
- to enable you to carry out accurate postural assessments
On this practical workshop, you will learn how to carry out a standing postural assessment in a step-by-step fashion and how to document your observations. Under the guidance, you will learn to assess the posture from the front, back and side views and by the end of the day will be able to carry out a full postural assessment. This day is also an opportunity for you to have your own posture assessed, should you wish.
Course tutor: Jane Johnson
Jane Johnson, a renowned physiotherapist and anatomy and physiology author, is delivering this workshop in stretching your clients and designing home stretching routines. Jane has been fascinated by anatomy and physiology from an early age and enjoyed studying fitness, health and massage which she went on to practice for over 10 years. After taking a masters degree in health and exercise behaviour, Jane became passionate about helping adults to learn about the structure and function of their bodies. She has taught anatomy and physiology for many years and qualified as a Chartered Physiotherapist in 2004.
What to bring:
- Lunch and water
- Comfortable clothing (no jeans)
- Please wear underwear that you would be happy to have your posture assessed in. However, we would like to stress that you do not have have to have your posture assessed if you do not wish to.
- Lunch and refreshments are not provided
- Maximum class number: 12
- Parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
Make the most of this weekend of training and join Jane Johnson as she delivers the Postural Correction course on 17th November 2019 at the same venue. If you book on to both courses, you receive a £20 discount on your total price. Take a look at the Postural Correction course and select the two-course deal when booking to gain the discount!
Course price and bookings: Book here!
Early bird prices: £110 FHT members/ £120 non-members Early bird offer ends 14 June 2019!
Regular prices: £120 FHT members/ £130 non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
- After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.