Date: 29 February 2020
Location: Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, Thorpe Meadows, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, PE3 6GA
Course times: 9:30am - 5:00pm (please arrive at 9:15am)
Prerequisite: Level 3 Reflexology
CPD points: Six
Course content: This course is developed to give you additional skills outside the Level 3 techniques of practice and the knowledge to support your clients through the cycle of fertility, from the casual "just trying" stage to approaching medically assisted infertility. As well as CPD, this course also covers some of the criteria for Level 4 Reflexology.
The course tutor, Elie Pettitt, is from The Holistic Academy who design courses to be further development courses after Level 3. As they are now offering Level 4 Reflexology, the criteria is made up of five one-day CPD courses - Reflexology for Fertility being one of them. This gives you the option in the future to upgrade your skills to a Level 4 qualification. Course content:
- Welcome and induction to the course
- Stages of fertility – when should reflexology be offered?
- Fertility and problems with conception
- A detailed consultation
- Female conditions affecting fertility
- Male conditions affecting fertility
- Revision of the endocrine system
- Opening assessment of the feet: colour & texture
- Assessment of the reproductive reflex points
- Techniques to help with achieving conception:
- Endocrine balance
- Unlocking technique
- Lymphatic drainage technique
- Linking technique
- Professional Ethics and Conduct
- Hygiene & professionalism
- Client care
- Aftercare advice
- Health & Safety (Student activity)
Course tutor: Elie Pettitt has been in the industry since 2005, with an established client base, with many clients have been with her since then. Her personal skills, aside from the treatment itself, lie in understanding and interpreting the profound connection between the mind and body, physical and emotional balance of her clients and being able to offer the appropriate treatment and support as required at the time of treatment. Indeed she never delivers the same treatment twice, as everyday life is different and thus affects mood, emotion, physical strengths, and overall inner balance, that changes each and every day.
Elie set up The Holistic Academy in 2017, with five years of teaching experience behind her. Therapists train in small, intimate groups so each student receives quality, individual attention and support to ensure they feel confident in their training and professional practice. Their specially tailored courses have been designed to cater for all therapists from those wishing to enter the field of holistic therapy to fully qualified therapists who wish to increase their repertoire for their clients or gain more in-depth expertise in their chosen field.
What to bring:
- Therapy couch or Lafuma chair
- Massage medium
- Knee roll
- Professional salon wear or similar smart black t-shirt/trousers
- No nail varnish
- Wedding band/stud earrings acceptable
- Long hair tied back
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Maximum class number: 12
- £5 of your course price covers the cost of the course manual.
- Complimentary parking available at the venue. (Parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.)
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
- If this course is not able to run due to insufficient attendee numbers, you will be notified four weeks before the course date.
TWO-COURSE DEAL, SAVE £20!
Don't miss out on this two-course deal and join us for two days of training in Peterborough. Book on to both the Reflexology for Fertility and Pregnancy Reflexology and gain £20 off the total price!
Select the 'two-course deal' option when booking.
Regular course prices: £115 FHT members/ £130 non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14-day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about the equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.