As we hope you will appreciate, restrictions set in place due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak may impact this FHT hosted courses. We are closely monitoring the situation and we will let members know as soon as possible if any courses are affected and explain the options available.
Date: 12 - 13 March 2022
Location: Jurys Inn Middlesbrough, Fry St, Middlesbrough, Yorkshire, TS1 1JH
Course times: 10 am- 5:45 pm (please arrive at 9:30 am to register)
Prerequisite: Any qualified therapist
CPD points: Fifteen
Course content: If you require to learn Reiki for self, family, friends or even animals then this is the course for you. Every student starting to learn Reiki is required to attend a 1st Degree Reiki Course. This course is designed all-around one's self.
The itinerary of the course will include the following.
- Introduction to and history of Reiki
- 4 Attunements to activate the Reiki energy
- Understanding the Spiritual side of Reiki
- Introduction to the Chakra system
- Reiki Principles (Gokai)
- Basic anatomy
- How to perform a treatment
- Couch positions
- Chair positions
- Hands-on practise
- Self-healing techniques
- The intent to heal and activating the Reiki energy
- The Hidden Elements
- Further ways to use Reiki
The 1st Degree Reiki training is meant to be predominantly experiential and each student will be encouraged to feel the energy moving and flowing through the body. Students will be familiarised with the history and roots of the Reiki technique. On a practical level you will be taught how to give a treatment, firstly to yourself and then to Family, Friends and even animals. This part of the course assists the integration of the energy and gives you the tools to become a Reiki practitioner. Throughout the duration of the course students will be handed course handouts, this saves the students making notes, and upon completion of the course, students will be presented with the Reiki 1st degree Manual, and tools used throughout the course.
Course tutor: Martin Thirlwell
What to bring:
- Type ll disposable mask
- Loose, comfortable clothing.
- Please do not wear long dangling jewellery
- Please do not wear any perfume
- Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the course.
- Maximum class number: 10
- Complimentary parking is available at the venue. (Parking and transport to and from the venue is not the responsibility of the FHT.)
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by FHT with further information.
- If this course is not able to run due to insufficient attendee numbers, you will be notified four weeks before the course date.
Course price and bookings:
Early bird course prices: £200 FHT members/ £220 non-members
Regular course prices: £220 FHT members/ £245 non-members
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
-Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.