As we hope you will appreciate, restrictions set in place due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak may impact this FHT hosted courses. We are closely monitoring the situation and we will let members know as soon as possible if any courses are affected and explain the options available.
Location: Aztec Hotel and Spa, Aztec W, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4TS
Course times: 10:00am - 3:30pm (arrive by 9.45am to set up)
Prerequisite: Any qualified therapist
CPD points: Four
This course is ideal for therapists who would like to expand their skills and find out more about relaxation, meditation and mindfulness. Techniques learned can be used for individual personal development in addition to being a useful tool to enhance treatments and aftercare recommendations. Help your clients to reach deeper levels of relaxation and manage stress effectively.
During the day we will cover the following:
- Practical techniques for relaxation, meditation and mindfulness – including awareness of the breath, progressive muscle relaxation, visualisation and body scan (some of these are practised laying down).
- Principles and theory behind the techniques
- Effects of stress on mind and body and how the techniques can help
- Using the techniques within your treatments and aftercare recommendations for clients.
- Mindfulness for the therapist – bringing a mindful approach to your work.
The day is highly experiential, with a mixture of practical techniques and discussion.
Course tutor: Christine Browne
Christine has been practising holistic therapies and relaxation techniques for 30 years and works as a therapist and trainer. Previously teaching VTCT courses at further education colleges, she now offers a range of high quality accredited courses through Tranquillity Zone Training. Finding meditation and mindfulness practices hugely beneficial on a personal level, Christine is a qualified instructor and loves passing on these wonderful techniques to others. She enjoys both the teaching and therapy aspects of her work, and seeing the positive changes holistic therapies, relaxation and mindfulness can make to a person's wellbeing. For more information visit www.tranquillityzonetraining.co.uk
What to bring:
- Yoga or exercise mat to lie on
- Blanket and cushion for comfort
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided throughout the day.
- Maximum class number: 12
- Parking is complimentary at the venue. Please be aware that attendee parking is not the responsibility of the FHT, parking and transport is the responsibility of the individual attendee.
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
Course prices and bookings: Book here
Early bird prices: Member price £100 / Non-member price £110
Regular prices: Member price £110 / Non-member price £125
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling off period
- After the 14-day cooling off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.