Simple Stretches for the Lower Limb
- 19 February 2021, 2pm - 3pm
Location: From the comfort of your own home! Delivered via Zoom.
Prerequisite: Any qualified therapist
CPD points: 5 when reflection is completed
This webinar is jam-packed with Jane’s favourite lower limb stretches. There are many reasons you may find this workshop of value. Perhaps you want to learn how to incorporate stretches into your treatment routine? Maybe you want to be able to give your clients an effective stretching programme they can do at home? Or, could it be that you are simply feeling sluggish and need some stretching inspiration for your own body. Whatever your reason, this workshop will provide a wide range of simple stretches that can be provided to clients on a couch or seated, as well as many active stretches; Jane will explain how to design a stretching routine, as well as why, when and how often to stretch. Throughout the webinar Jane provides tips and tricks for how to make each stretch really effective, as well as alerting you to any contraindications.
- Why stretch?
·8 reasons for stretching
- How to design a stretching routine.
·How to set a therapeutic goal
·Common contraindications to stretching
·How to measure the effectiveness of your routine
- Stretches for the foot and ankle
- Stretches for the calf and shin
- Stretches for the thigh
- Stretches for the hips and buttocks
- Any questions?
Tutor: Jane Johnson
Jane Johnson, renowned physiotherapist and anatomy and physiology author, is delivering this workshop in stretching your clients and designing home stretching routines. Jane has been fascinated by anatomy and physiology from an early age and enjoyed studying fitness, health and massage which she went on to practice for over 10 years. After taking a masters degree in health and exercise behaviour, Jane became passionate about helping adults to learn about the structure and function of their bodies. She has taught anatomy and physiology for many years and qualified as a Chartered Physiotherapist in 2004.
You will need:
- Laptop or tablet that has a webcam and microphone
We are asking webinar attendees to donate £1 of their booking to go towards The Trussle Trust Charity, who support a nationwise network of food banks and provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty, and campaign to end hte need for food banks in the UK. Attendees will be given the opportunity to donate £1 of their booking or opt out of the donation within the booking form.
Webinar price and bookings:
FHT members: £10 (including £1 donation to Trussle Trust)
Non-members: £15 (including £1 donation to Trussle Trust)
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14-day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about the equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.