- 18 - 19 September
- 4 - 5 December
Location: From the comfort of your own home
Course times: 10am - 5:30pm
Prerequisite: Any level 3 body massage, Swedish massage, sports massage, aromatherapy massage or Level 4 sport massage
CPD points: 12
Course content: This course is taught virtually, where Kathryn Ellis, the tutor of the course, will guide you through each move and skill, for you to practice with a model from the comfort of your own home. Learn how to integrate Thai yoga massage techniques into your existing couch-massage practice. This course will teach you how to give a couch massage with dynamic, flowing movements using joint manipulation, stretching, compression work and Thai acupressure. You’ll learn how to use your body-weight and body positioning to apply deeper, more effective pressure without straining your hands, thumbs and wrists. It’s a great way to bring variety into your work and to alleviate the repetitive movements of a traditional, Western, massage treatment. It’s ideal for massage therapists who are already trained in couch massage and are looking to increase their massage techniques and to extend their potential career. It’s also ideal for those trained in Thai yoga massage (floor-based) who are looking to expand their business by transferring their skills to the couch.
The course is taught over two days in which we’ll cover:
- theory of Thai yoga massage and energy lines
- location of some Sen (energy) lines
- basic Thai massage techniques
- effective stretches for the client in Supine and Prone position
- how to use your whole body safely and effectively
- good body positioning to achieve maximum effect with minimal effort
Course tutor: Kathryn Ellis first came across the wonderful art of Thai yoga massage when she saw it demonstrated at the end of a yoga class. Kathryn explains that ‘it was captivating to watch and even better to receive! It completely won me over and I decided to train as a massage therapist and yoga teacher. I never looked back and now my whole work and life revolve around working with the connection between the physical and the mind. I’ve been working full-time as a therapist offering Thai yoga massage and Sports & Remedial massage for 12 years. I also run Central School of Massage which offers practitioner courses and CPD courses, specialising in Thai yoga massage.’
You will need:
- A model to be available from 11:15 am - 4 pm on day 1, and 11 am - 4:30 pm on day two.
- Therapy couch (couches which can go low, e.g. sports massage couches)
- Couch cover
- Pillow x1
- Comfortable clothing which is easy to move in, e.g. yoga clothes or gym-wear. Can be short sleeves/short for giving the treatment but will definitely need long arms/legs for receiving the treatment.
- Maximum class number: 11
- Students booking this course will be contacted directly by the FHT with further joining instructions.
Course price and bookings:
FHT members: £160
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
-Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.