The FHT is the leading professional association of choice for therapists in the UK and Ireland, including student therapists. It is our aim to promote high standards in education by supporting tutors in their teaching to ensure our future therapists are achieving their aspirations while obtaining the fully accredited qualifications they need.
Our current student members will go on to work in a wide range of specialisms - from sports and remedial therapies, to complementary healthcare and holistic beauty and spa treatments so we are fully committed to supporting every field.
Support for tutors
As tutors and influential figures to student therapists, the FHT is here to support you. There are many ways we can offer support including:
- Providing you with the latest industry news via channels such as our International Therapist magazine which you can share with your students
- Access to impartial and independent resources highlighting benefits of membership with a professional association
- Exciting presentations from our experts via our FHT Ambassador Programme.
FHT Ambassador Programme
We are happy to organise a visit from one of our FHT experts to come to your college, university or training centre to provide a talk to your students. The presentation would cover topics such as the importance of belonging to a professional association and obtaining the correct insurance to practise. Students can also learn about the past experiences and hear stories from our expert allowing them to gain real insight into the industry.
"The students loved hearing about Jon's journey into holistic therapies and also the real life examples he gave as to why we all need insurance." Jayne Catley, Tameside College
You can see more information on our programme and request a visit to your college, university or training centre by clicking here.
How about FHT accreditation?
If you offer an exemplary training course that isn’t from an awarding organisation there is the opportunity to apply for FHT accreditation. When you obtain FHT accreditation your students can be sure that their qualifications and short courses have been independently and externally assessed, to meet the highest standards in the industry.
Please visit our becoming an accredited course provider page to find out more information.
Benefits to your students if they join FHT include:
- FHT Code of Conduct and Professional Practice to follow
- A lapel badge
- Case study insurance for outside of college*
- Therapy magazine and industry news
- Discounted products from the FHT shop
- Local meetings with like-minded therapists.
Why not get in touch today and discover how we can help your students reach their full potential?
*Terms and conditions apply