- Monday 30 November, 2pm - 4pm (Fully booked!)
- Saturday 5 December, 2pm - 4pm
Location: From the comfort of your own home! Delivered via Zoom.
Prerequisite: Any FHT member
CPD points: 2
Don't miss this opportunity to expand your knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity by joining this two-hour webinar on 'Unconscious Bias'.
Following on from your feedback from the 2020 FHT Equality and Diversity Survey, FHT took a critical look at equality and diversity within the industry and discussed actions we can all take to improve inclusivity, within the 'Accessible to All' article in the Autumn issue of International Therapist Magazine. We also pledged to organise training on the topic of equaliy and diversity within your therapy practice.
FHT are delighted to be offering this exciting opportunity, exclusively to FHT members, to broaden your understanding of inclusivity by exploring the concept of 'Unconscious Bias' via a two-hour webinar. Within this session you will:
- Identify your own biases and accept that bias exists in all of us
- Recognise and understand how unconscious bias might play out in practice, clinic and with other clients
- Have a clear plan to challenge your own bias behaviours, and developing more inclusive behaviours
FHT are delighted to be able to offer this webinar at a discounted rate of £10 to the first 100 members who sign up. (Webinar price would usually be £35)
This webinar is delivered by EW Group have been training and consulting on all aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and Inclusive Leadership for 28 years across business industries. They have a team of 30+ diversity and leadership consultants in the UK, France, Italy and the USA. They offer bespoke, innovative and interactive sessions with practical and measurable outcomes, focusing on practical outcomes through intelligent facilitated discussions, practice and reflection.
Tutor: Vix Anderton
Vix Anderton specialises in inclusive leadership, with a focus on gender, and workplace wellbeing. She brings ample experience in leadership and operational management through her background in international development and as a Royal Air Force Intelligence Officer. She leads our one-day Workplace Wellbeing training for managers to raise mental health awareness at work. She has recently run sessions on Wellbeing at asset management firm, Aredova. Additionally, Vix has co-produced a diversity diagnostic report for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Vix is dedicated to helping employees and organisations achieve meaningful and sustainable change through evidence-based research, practical planning and coaching. She is an avid believer in the importance of promoting gender diversity within organisations to help empower individual female employees achieve their career goals and ambitions. Likewise, to help large organisations reap the benefits of diversity across the entire business. Vix’s acclaimed research on Women, Peace and Security – particularly gender mainstreaming in the military – has been published by several reputable sources, including Chatham House and the Royal United Services Institute. She regularly speaks at high-profile events such as the Feminism in London conference and Women of the World conference.
Get to know Vix more through our company culture podcast, reWorked, where Rachael and Vix discuss how businesses can make the necessary structural and cultural changes to entrench wellbeing as a core company principle.
In the meantime:
Another CPD resource which we have put together is a reflection activity which you can use whist working your way through the 'Accessible to All' article within the Autumn issue of Internatinal Therapist magazine.
Grab your latest issue of the magazine and work your way through the following document to gain 5 CPD points: ata_reflective_practice_template.docx
You will need:
- Laptop or tablet that has a webcam and microphone
- Members booking on to this course will be sent a pre-course questionnaire which you should complete ahead of the webinar, as well as a post-course questionnaire to help you to recognise what you have learnt from
Webinar price and bookings:
FHT members: £10 - special offer! (usually £35 each)
Terms and conditions:
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14-day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, 18 Shakespeare Business Centre, Hathaway Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4SR. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about the equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.