To help our members return to work, below are some guidelines and resources that we believe will help to minimise the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19, when your country's government advises that it is safe for you to return to practice.
On 6 May, we published guidelines to support members prepare for a safe return to practice. We strongly advise you to read these guidelines again in full as significant updates have been made since then. Now is the time to re-evaluate all of your work practices and to decide whether you need to adapt any of these or put extra measures in place.
Infection control courses
We're pleased to bring you a selection of online courses from FHT accredited course providers to refresh and update your infection control knowledge, including: Brighton Holistics, Gateway Workshops, and Jennifer Young's FREE FHT-accredited course, Control of Cross Infection in a Post-Covid World. This in-depth course is certified upon completion and comes with a logo to use on your website and other marketing materials.
Resources and templates
You can now download:
- an email template for contacting your clients pre-opening
- a multi-purpose resource that can be used as a poster, information leaflet or checklist (for use in a therapy practice / for mobile therapists)
- a social media graphic
- pre-treatment questions (Word version / PDF version) to complete in addition to your standard consultation form
- and a COVID-19 policy for your website or for print.
A risk assessment template is available on the HSE website.
Discounts on PPE
To help save money on supplies, we have obtained discounts from reputable suppliers:
- Medisave sell visors, surgical, fluid resistant face masks, and non-surgical masks (enter the code CODE5OFF for best possible prices)
- Physique Management, an FHT Partner Brand, sells these too (members receive a 10% discount when following the link)
We will, of course, continue to update our guidelines and statement (available at fht.org.uk/coronavirus) on a regular basis and support our members with information and guidance wherever possible, so please keep checking this link, as well as your regular newsletters.
Very best wishes and stay safe and well,
The FHT Team