Date: 8-9 February 2024
Course times: 10.00 - 16.00 both days
Prerequisite: Any Qualified Therapist
CPD points: 10
Course content: Post-pandemic, our relationship with wellness is shifting; with more people seeking to be proactive. But how do you explore this with your clients? Coaching is an excellent tool to have conversations with impact, allowing you, the holistic therapist to add value to your clients' lives.
For you, adding coaching can add variety and income to a role that you are passionate about. Jo, passionately believes that by adding coaching in to the dynamic you can make even bigger shifts in health and wellness.
We will cover:
- Basic coaching skills, thus getting you to consider how you speak and listen to your clients and how you can make subtle shifts to bring big changes.
- How to reframe negative thinking using Cognitive Behavioural Coaching. Negative or faulty thinking holds us back. So how do you move on from this?
- Use of the GROW model to explore goal setting, accountability and putting targets into action.
- Have a chance to coach a fellow student, be coached yourself and observe a coaching session.
This will involve feedback from Jo on your coaching and from your peers. You will need to bring an 'issue' to be coached on.
- Leave this 2 day session confident that you can start to employ coaching skills in your therapy room. We will cover the basics. Should you wish to take your love of coaching further there will be an option on the workshop to discuss gaining an accredited qualification and a generous discount to out courses is given to FHT workshop participants.
Course tutor: Jo is Director at Wellness Professionals At Work, a coaching school specialising in Wellness Coaching. Jo has worked as a Homeopath, Holistic Life Coach and Intuitive as well as having a background in education. She has supported many holistic therapists through her coaching work and is passionate about natural health.
You will need:
- Pen/ pencils
Maximum class number: 12
Please wear comfortable clothing
Certificates will be issued by FHT once the training and case studies have been completed.
Course price and bookings:
FHT members: £160
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
- If for any reason a credit is provided instead of a full or part refund, you will be able to use the credit amount for any Education course or purchase for up to 1 year. After this it will expire from your account.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, Aspire House, 10 Annealing Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 9PX. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to email@example.com.