Date: 27 - 28 January 2024
Location: Holiday Inn Express, Middlesborough, 93-127 Albert Road, Yorkshire, TS1 2PA
Course times: 10.00 - 17.45
Prerequisite: Any Level 3 Therapist
CPD points: 12
Course content: If you require to learn Reiki for self, family, friends or even animals then this is the course for you. Every student starting to learn Reiki is required to attend a 1st Degree Reiki Course. This course is designed all-around one's self.
The itinerary of the course will include the following.
- Introduction to and history of Reiki
- 4 Attunements to activate the Reiki energy
- Understanding the Spiritual side of Reiki
- Introduction to the Chakra system
- Reiki Principles (Gokai)
- Basic anatomy
- How to perform a treatment
- Couch positions
- Chair positions
- Hands-on practise
- Self-healing techniques
- The intent to heal and activating the Reiki energy
- The Hidden Elements
- Further ways to use Reiki
The 1st Degree Reiki training is meant to be predominantly experiential and each student will be encouraged to feel the energy moving and flowing through the body. Students will be familiarised with the history and roots of the Reiki technique. On a practical level you will be taught how to give a treatment, firstly to yourself and then to Family, Friends and even animals. This part of the course assists the integration of the energy and gives you the tools to become a Reiki practitioner. Throughout the duration of the course students will be handed course handouts, this saves the students making notes, and upon completion of the course, students will be presented with the Reiki 1st degree Manual, and tools used throughout the course.
Slack loose fitting trousers, slack loose fitting short sleeved shirt. No perfumes no jewelery only plain wedding bands.
Course tutor:Martin R Thirlwell trading as Reiki Tradition is a 10th Generation Reiki Master with 40 years experience working solely with Reiki from our lovely tranquil and peaceful Therapy Rooms Based in Springhead Oldham in Lancashire. Reiki Tradition work with many Hospitals and Hospices from Sheffield to North Wales and as far as Lancaster, Kendal and Barrow in Furness with Reiki.
You will need:
- Pen/ pencils
Lunch and refreshments are included.
Members: £120, Non-Members £135
Bookings and payments
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- Full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- You may cancel a course booking at any time.
Cancellations within the 14 day cooling-off period
- If you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation you are entitled to a full refund of the price paid without giving any reason.
- If the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period, we will retain an amount of your booking that is in proportion to goods that have been provided or services performed up until you have communicated to us your cancellation of the booking.
Cancellations outside of the cooling-off period
- After the 14-day cooling-off period has expired, the standard FHT course cancellation policy (as specified below) shall apply. Cancellations and refunds in circumstances outside those described above, and/or following the expiry of the 14-day cancellation period, are subject to the terms and conditions set out in these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the order confirmation.
- Cancellations made after the 14-day cancellation period will be subject to an administration fee of £28.
- Cancellations 21 days prior to the course start date will result in 50% of the course cost being forfeited.
- Cancellations 14 days prior to the course start date will result in the full course cost being forfeited.
- If for any reason a credit is provided instead of a full or part refund, you will be able to use the credit amount for any Education course or purchase for up to 1 year. After this it will expire from your account.
Cancelling a course booking
- To cancel a course booking, you must inform us by calling our main line on 023 8062 4350, or let us know of your decision to cancel the contract by emailing email@example.com or in writing to the following postal address: FHT, Aspire House, 10 Annealing Close, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 9PX. You must clearly state your intention to cancel your place on the course.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to make other arrangements to process your refund. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement.
- Failure to attend the course will not result in a refund.
FHT course cancellations
- The FHT reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary according to interest in that specific topic. We will endeavour to keep learners informed of the status of the event, but it is the individual’s responsibility to check the website for the status of events.
- The FHT will not accept responsibility for any unrecoverable costs incurred by delegates (e.g. accommodation, travel, parking, etc.) as a result of a cancelled or postponed course.
- It is not the FHT's responsibility to provide or guarantee parking at the venues where our courses are held. Parking is subject to the venue's availability and any charges for parking are imposed by the venue, not the FHT.
- It is not the FHT’s responsibility to provide delegates with lunch or refreshments. The FHT will inform you whether lunch and refreshments are provided or if you are required to bring your own. If you have a special dietary requirement, we suggest that you bring your own snacks and lunch as we cannot guarantee that the venue is able to cater to your needs.
Membership and insurance
- Before booking onto any course through the FHT or any other course provider, it is always best to check with your professional association and insurance company to ensure that the training will be recognised upon completion.
- Please note that FHT works with trusted and experienced external tutors to host our courses and may need to provide your email address for the purpose of sending you pre-course information such as training manuals or information about equipment you will need for the course. If you do not wish for your email address to be shared with the course tutor please make the FHT aware by contacting us via telephone on 023 8062 4372 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.